(Please keep in mind that branded event apps will only be allowed for submission up to 12/18/17. After this date the app store will no longer be accepting branded apps. Read here for more information).
In general we recommend that you create a new app so that you can start over clean. But should you want to use an old one here are some things you will want to consider:
- Your app’s analytics are unable to be reset, which can cause difficulties calculating your app’s adoption rate; the analytics panel (including the Leaderboard) will show the total numbers for two years of app activity.
- Last year’s social profiles will be displayed in the People section of the app, which might be confusing for new attendees. You can delete the profiles, but if someone is attending this year’s event they won’t be able to create a new profile using the same email address, nor restore the old profile.
- The Activity Stream posts from last year are not able to be removed in bulk. You can keep the photos and messages or delete them manually in the app management section. Doing this can take a lot of time and effort.
- There’s no way to prevent last year’s attendees from receiving push notifications. If there are users from last year not attending this year and they still have the app on their device, they will receive those messages.
For the best user experience it’s better to build a new app and start the social activity from scratch. We’d be happy to assist with transferring content from your previous app to your new one if needed. Just reach out to the support team and we can get this taken care of for you.
To help your returning attendees download the new app you can announce the release using a push notification sent from the old app - here’s how:
- Add a WebView feature to share the link to your new app’s landing page
- Create a sponsored post with the direct links to the app stores to promote the new app on the Activity Stream
- Send a push notification to share the new app’s name (Note: Anyone with the old app still on their phone will get these notifications.)
If you’re concerned about your attendees having to create profiles again this year, you can download the list of profiles from the old app, delete the users who are not attending this year’s event, and pre-create the social profiles for the returning attendees in the new app.
If you have any questions about this feel free to reach out to the Support team at Support@Attendify.com or chat on any Attendify website.