Have you heard about the change in Apple's review guidelines in early 2018? As your organization is now required to have their own Apple Developer Account to publish a branded app we want to make this process as easy as possible. If you haven't enrolled into the Apple Dev Program yet, here are the details on how to do this.
Now you can easily add all required details about your Apple Developer Account to your Attendify dashboard once, and then simply connect it to the apps that you'd like to submit. No need to send us an email with the details each time.
To add a Developer Account go to your Attendify dashboard -> Settings -> Developer Accounts section and click on "Add Account" button.
Now, fill in the pop-up form.
- Account Nickname - it's not the actual name of your dev account, just some easy-to-remember name that can be used as a reference when chatting with us.
- Developer Account Type - select here the type of developer account you have. Individual and Company accounts are for the public App Store, Enterprise Program is for Private Distribution.
- Management Role - select here the desired option. If you'd like us to manage your apps for you, you'll need to invite us as Admins to your dev account. We agree to not access any app other than an Attendify-powered app in the developer account. You can refer to our Terms of Service (9.d.) for more details.
In case you cannot share with us access to your developer account for some reasons, you'll have to manage your apps independently. This applies to submitting the app's code updates as well. Scroll to the bottom of the article for instructions on how to export the required certificates.
Note: If you enrolled into the developer program as an Individual, you cannot invite members to it and will have to manage the app on your own.
Depending on the Management Role you've chosen, you'll need to provide the following details.
If you'd like us to manage the app for you, we would need the following info:
- Apple Developer Team Name - the name you chose for your Apple Developer Account. To locate the name, log into your Apple's Developer account and select Overview. The name of your account is in the center of the page, above Apple Developer Program.
- Company Name - is a unique name that is displayed underneath the app name in the App Store. Please note the publisher’s name cannot be changed in the future.
- Technical Contact Person - a person we should get in touch with in case there are any tech questions concerning your Apple Developer Account.
- Send Invitations - confirmation that you have invited Attendify to both your Apple Developer Console (with admin-level rights, sent to email@example.com) and App Store Connect account (with admin-level rights, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org). Step-by-step instruction on how to send invitations you can find at the end of this article.
Once you filled in all the fields and sent the invitations, just click on the Add Account button to save it. It will be added with Pending status and switched to verified once our team reviews the details.
Regardless of the status of our access you can now connect accounts you've added to your apps on the Settings step of the building process.
That's it! You can always contact us through the chat box at the bottom right corner of any Attendify page or email us at email@example.com in case you have any questions.
Sending invitations. Instructions
Invitation #1: Apple Developer Console:
- From the Apple Developer console navigate to: People > Invitations.
- Send the Attendify Team an invitation with Admin rights.
- The invitation should be addressed to First name: Attendify; Last Name: Team; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you can revoke Attendify's access to your developer account at any time.
Invitation #2: App Store Connect Instructions:
- Navigate to App Store Connect and log in with your Apple ID credentials.
- Once logged in, click on 'Users and Roles'.
- Click on the '+' sign to add a new user.
- Next, you will send the second invitation to the Attendify Team. Enter the user information for this new account: First name: Attendify; Last Name: Team; and use the email@example.com email to send the invitation to.
- Assign permissions to this new user. Select the Admin role by checking the box next to it. This permission will allow Attendify to publish the app on your behalf. The Attendify Team will not be able to publish the app for you without the Admin role assigned. Click "Next".
- In the next section, you are asked to edit the notification settings for this account. You can leave it on the default values then click save.
- You will then be taken back to the Users and Roles overview. The email invitation has been sent to the Attendify Team email address you entered earlier. The invitation will be accepted by the Attendify Team.
Exporting the required certificates
If you decided to manage the app independently, we need you to provide us with the following certificates to build your app.