Due to the change in Apple's review guidelines in early 2018, branded apps published under Attendify Apple Developer Account before the changes took place cannot be updated with new code versions or other store updates.
This means that we can no longer submit updates, with new features and bug fixes, for your branded app that's still published under our Apple Developer Account. In addition to this we won't be able to help should you want to change the app name, icon or any other App Store details.
To get full control over your app again, it has to be transferred to your organization's Apple Developer Account. If you don't have one yet, follow these instruction on how to enroll into Apple developer program.
Note: If you have a one event app that's coming up for renewal, we'd recommend you simply building and submitting a new app instead of transferring and reusing the old one. Here is why.
Already have an Apple Developer Account?
Then granting Attendify access to it would be the next step. To publish apps and code updates for them on your behalf we need you to send us the following two invitations.
Invitation #1: Apple Developer Console:
- From the Apple Developer console navigate to: People > Invitations.
- Send the Attendify Team an invitation with Admin rights.
- The invitation should be addressed to First name: Attendify; Last Name: Team; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you can revoke Attendify's access to your developer account at any time.
Invitation #2: App Store Connect:
- Navigate to https://itunesconnect.apple.com and log in with your Apple ID credentials.
- Once logged in, click on 'Users and Roles'.
- Click on the '+' sign to add a new user.
- Next, you will send the second invitation to the Attendify Team. Enter the user information for this new account: First name: Attendify; Last Name: Team; and use the email address provided by your account manager, then click "Next". *The email address you should enter here came from your account manager in an email. The email address will begin with "Apps" followed by a number, please check your email communication with your account manager. Email your account manager and/or email@example.com if you do not have this "Apps" email address.
- Assign permissions to this new user. Select the Admin role by checking the box next to it. This permission will allow Attendify to publish the app on your behalf. The Attendify Team will not be able to publish the app for you without the Admin role assigned. Click "Next".
- In the next section, you are asked to edit the notification settings for this account. You can leave it on the default values the click save.
- You will then be taken back to the Users and Roles overview. The email invitation has been sent to the Attendify Team email address you entered earlier. The invitation will be accepted by the Attendify Team.
After sending the invitations, please email Attendify's Support Team (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you know your account manager's name, feel free to copy them.
Include the following details in your email:
- Your App ID (found on the Attendify dashboard).
- The name you chose for your Apple Developer Account. To locate the name, log into your Apple's Developer account and select Overview. The name of your account is in the center of the page, above Apple Developer Program.
- Let us know what you want to be displayed as the 'publisher’s name' in the App Store. A publisher’s name is a unique name that is displayed underneath the app name in the App Store. Please note the publisher’s name cannot be changed in the future. We also recommend that you don't include a date being that it can't be changed at a later date.
- Confirmation that you have invited Attendify to both your Apple Developer Console (with admin-level rights, sent to email@example.com) and App Store Connect account (with admin-level rights, sent to the "firstname.lastname@example.org" email provided by your account manager).
Feel free to use this template when emailing us:
- App ID: (enter App ID)
- Developer Name: (enter Developer name)
- Publisher’s Name: (enter Publisher's name)
- I have sent Invitation #1 to the Apple Developer Console to: (enter email address)
- I have sent Invitation #2 to App Store Connect to: (enter email address)
Our team will review everything within 1-2 business days and send a transfer request to your Apple Developer Account.
Accepting the transfer request is the last step. The Team Agent must accept the transfer request located in App Store Connect. Once you accept the terms of the agreement, a pop-up may appear with the transfer details and a form containing fields that need to be populated with information - here's what to provide:
Company Name: You can copy and paste what is in the recipient field at the top or add your official company name. This will be displayed as the developer name in the App Store.
Support URL: http://attendify.com/contact
App Review Contact Information and App Store Contact Information:
Use your contact details or someone's from your company if you are receiving internal tech support.
You can check Apple's article on this for more details.