Due to the change in Apple's review guidelines in early 2018, your organization will need their own Apple Developer account to publish a branded event app to the App Store. You will still build and manage your event app through Attendify's Hub and Attendify will handle submitting the event app under your account.
Just follow these steps to enroll into the Apple Developer Program:
- First, you need an Apple ID, you can go here to create that. An Apple ID is required to use Apple Services, you won't be able to proceed without one.
- Please keep in mind the Apple Developer account is $99/year. Some Nonprofit organizations qualify to have this fee waived by Apple. See if your Nonprofit is eligible here.
- Next, you need to enroll in the Apple Developer Program. You will need to sign up as an organization with an Apple ID as well as a D-U-N-S number - you can learn how to get one here.
IMPORTANT: An Organization developer account is required to publish an app with Attendify. The Individual account type is not supported.
It can take up to two weeks to receive your D-U-N-S number. By joining the Apple Developer program you will enter into contracts with Apple, so you must have the ability to enter legal agreements on behalf of your organization.
- To start enrollment for the Apple Developer Program visit this page and login to the developer section with your Apple ID.
- After logging in you will be prompted to accept to the Apple Developer Agreement. From there check the box and proceed to the next page.
- Next, you will select "Join the Apple Developer Program"
- From there select the "enroll" button in the top right corner
- On the next page select the "start your enrollment" option at the bottom of the page.
- On the following page fill out your organization's information, agree to the legal agreements and then select the purchase button. After that you it will be submitted to the Apple team for approval, they will typically follow up within two weeks to let you know that its is approved and fully functional.
Once you enrolled into the Apple Developer Program just go to your Attendify account and add details about it to your dashboard. You'll do this only once and then connect it in one click to the next app you want to publish without needing to contact us.