With Attendify Group Chat, app users can send a message to multiple recipients within a profile list. This powerful feature’s easy-to-use interface empowers attendees to start networking conversations, discuss specific subject matter, work through team logistics and more. The result? They’ll stay better connected and engaged throughout the event.
The Group Chat feature comes standard with all Attendify mobile app packages and is available once your event is live and published. Access to the feature’s backend settings is available after you build and submit your event to go live.
Set-Up Steps for the Organizer:
To access group messaging settings in the dashboard:
- Navigate to Settings > Messaging after submitting your event.
- Here you will have a few options: You can give all attendees the permission to create a group message or you can restrict access to users.
- If you decide Group Chat isn’t a good fit for your audience, you can turn it off entirely. Please note 1:1 Private Messaging must be enabled for Group Chat to be enabled.
To assign group chat permissions to specific attendees:
- Select Specific Attendees and assign individual permission through the dropdown menu.
We are also planning to add an option to assign access to an entire group in future updates of Group Chats.
Group Chat Instructions for the Attendee
Attendees who have permission to create group chats can start messaging as soon as they build a Profile and join the event. The group chat creator also can set the chat name and icon, and update these details at any time.
To get started using Group Chat, an attendee should:
- Open the Event menu and select the envelope icon in the top right corner of the menu.
- Once in the Messaging area, the user will see all 1:1 messages and group chats.
- To start a new chat, users should select the “plus” sign in the top right-hand corner.
- Then, in the pop-up that appears at the bottom, they should click the Create Group Chat option.
- From here, users can select who they want to include in the Group Chat and select Create to launch the chat. Only active app users can be added to group chats and messaged directly. Group Chats are currently limited to 100 people per chat.
- Once the group is created, an image and name can be assigned to it. Group Chat creators can add their own image and change the group name as well. Do so within the chat function, select Group at the top. Then click on the “pencil” icon in the top right corner to change the group name and/or the chat photo.
Important Notes for All App Users
- To see all the members of a Group Chat, head to the chat’s info page.
- Group Chat members can mute or leave a chat. Please note, it's not possible to add additional attendees to a group chat after it's been created.
- Once included in the chat, attendees can copy, edit and delete their own messages in the chat
- If an attendee has enabled Push Notifications for the app, they will get notifications when they are added to a Group Chat and when new messages are sent in that chat.
- Group Chats are currently limited to 100 people per chat.
Have further questions about Attendify’s Group Chat feature? Reach out to us at email@example.com or chat with us on any Attendify web page.