In this article, you will learn how to protect your virtual experience and/or the Attendify app from unauthorized access and manage the accessibility of your event content. The article is broken down into three sections, so you can scroll down to whichever one you're interested in the most:
- Access Restriction Options: Virtual Experience & Attendify App
- How to Update Access Management Settings When your Event is Published
- How to Control Access to Content Within Your Event
1. Access Restriction Options: Virtual Experience & Attendify App
By default, your virtual platform and mobile experience are in open access, and all that's required for an attendee to access your content is to set up a profile. If you need to restrict access to your event across mobile and virtual experiences, you have two options to choose from:
Option #1: Attendee List - upload a list of attendees and restrict access based on attendee emails. With this feature activated, attendees will also have to verify their email before they can join your event.
To enable Attendee List, go the "Even Profile" step as you're building your event, scroll all the way down, and toggle Attendee List on.
Hide your event in search results: as an additional layer of security, you can enable the option to hide your event in search results in the Attendify mobile container. This way only users who signed up/logged into the app with an email that's been previously added to your attendee list will be able to find your event (see the image below).
Password-protect Web App: when you enable Attendee List, you will additionally need to set up a password for your event on the web. This is a legacy requirement that we plan to remove very soon. If you do want to protect your event with a code once this is removed, you'll be able use the Event Code option described below.
The image below shows how to hide your event in search results and set up a password for Web App:
After you publish your event, you will be able to start uploading your attendee list. You can add your attendees one-by-one, via a spreadsheet, or connect one of the available registration platforms, including Attendify Registration, to pre-create profiles automatically upon every registration. Follow these steps to start uploading your attendee list.
Option #2: Event Code - a simpler way to keep your mobile and virtual experiences private is to set up an event code that each attendee will be required to enter to access your event. To enable Event Code, go the "Even Profile" step as you're building your event, scroll all the way down, toggle the setting on, and set up your event code.
Just as it works with the attendee list described above, upon enabling Event Code, you will have the option to hide your event in search results based on the event code and set up a password for the legacy web experience.
2. How to Update Access Management Settings When your Event is Published
You can update your access management settings at any time, even when your event is already published. For that, go to the "Settings" menu on your app management dashboard, navigate to "Access Management," hit "Unlock," and configure changes.
3. How to Control Access to Content Within Your Event
When you're done configuring access management settings for your event, you may want to also configure who can access individual content items within your virtual and mobile experiences. Whether you want to control access to individual menu sections or personalize event agenda for each attendee, we provide multiple paths for you to achieve this. Below you will see a summary of available content protection options with a brief description of each. If you'd like to learn more, click on the links available within every description:
- Feature Visibility — with Feature Visibility, you have the ability to make event features visible only to specific people based on attendee groups and make your event menu personalized.
- Personalized Schedules — use our turn-key templates to personalize your event agenda and set up a unique schedule for every attendee.
- Session Registration — launch Attendify Registration and enable your attendees to sign up for sessions they'd like to attend prior to the event. Control room capacity and effortlessly personalize your event agenda without manual work.
If you have any questions about this please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us on any Attendify webpage.