Session Chats is a place where attendees can post messages and photos, start discussions or address questions to the speaker. Chats are like Activity Streams, only they’re unique to every session on your schedule.
The Chats feature comes standard with all Attendify app packages and is available once your event is live and published. Access to the feature’s backend settings is available after you build and submit your event to go live.
Session Chats are enabled for all sessions by default once your event is published.
To configure the Chats for the sessions please follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Interactivity > Session Chat section on your dashboard.
- Select a session from the drop-down.
- Click the Manage button to configure the Chat for this particular session.
4. Visible selection allows you to choose if the session has the Chat. To disable it for the session simply uncheck the selection.
5. Active selection indicates if new messages can be posted in the Chat. If it's unselected users will no longer be able to post new messages.
6. Click Apply to save the changes.
You'll be able to see and moderate content in Session Chats. The stats on the total number of messages and photos posted are available on your dashboard.
By clicking Interactivity > Session Chats on your dashboard and selecting a specific chat from the drop-down you can check:
- All posts in that specific chat
- Most popular posts (the posts that were commented on and liked the most)
- Reported content (posts that were reported as inappropriate by attendees)
Please note that deleted content can't be restored or added back to the Session Chat.
Have further questions about Attendify's Session Chats feature? Reach out to us at email@example.com or chat with us on any Attendify web page.