Launching an event website takes minutes and leverages content you already have in your new or existing Attendify event app. There are a few ways to launch a site including templates that go live in less than 5 clicks; widgets that embed content if you have an existing site; and even a way to create completely custom designs by means of our custom templates (custom templates will require that you do the coding to create the website you want.).
How it Works
- Create an app and fill it with event content like your schedule, speaker profiles, sponsor list etc.
- Jump back to the dashboard and click on “Website” in the gray bar at the top of the screen.
- Click the new “New Website” button and you’ll see a pop-up like a screenshot below. All you need to do is select the event you’d like to create a website for, choose the project type (template, widget, or custom design) and launch.
When the website is created, you can access its settings by clicking the "manage" button.
In the popover that will come up on the screen, you'll be able to:
- Update the website's design; add or remove the app icon from the website's header, upload an image as a custom background or change the whole design template.
- Change the title (app's name is shown by default), add a custom subtitle and description, and select if you want to show app's attachments in the Content tab.
- Add links to your social accounts to your website.
- Add a button to enable ticket purchases or embed a ticket widget.
- Set up a custom domain or add the analytics code.
Using a Custom Domain
- Click on the "Custom Domain" option.
- Enter the domain address that your web administrator has set up for the Website.
Setup CNAME record for you domain name. The next steps should be taken by your website administrator:
- Sign in to the domain host's administrative console for your domain.
- Locate the page on which you can update the domain DNS records. The page might be called something like DNS Management, Name Server Management, or Advanced Settings.
- Locate the CNAME records for your domain (you may have one or more CNAME records)
- Update the existing CNAME records to include the value/answer/destination of the desired CNAME record values. Create new CNAME records if necessary.
- Save your changes and wait until they take effect. Please, note that it may take up to 72 hours before changes are propagated.
Creating a widget
Widgets are something that you can embed in your own website to show portions of the apps content. To create a widget follow the below steps
- As with the above go to the websites tab and select the new website button. From there select the event you want to create a widget for in the drop down menu and select the widget option then select the "next" button.
- On the next screen select the template you want for how you want the widget displayed, then hit the "publish" button.
- Find your widget on the websites page, and select the settings icon. From here you can make changes to your widgets template or delete it entirely.
- When you are ready to embed the widget click where it says "Show Code"
- This will open up the window where you can get the code that you will need to copy and paste the code onto your website so it will appear there. From this window you can create widgets for different features to show on different parts of your website.
- Thats it, after completing this your widget will show on your website any changes you make on the app.
Note that you can change your websites settings at any time. We also automatically update your app and website whenever you make changes to the content whether you’re using a template, widget, or have a custom designed site. For more useful info on Attendify's turnkey websites, you can visit our dedicated blog page at this link.
If you have any questions about this or didn't find an answer, please contact our support team via chat on any Attendify webpage or send an email at email@example.com