Notifications allow you to stay in touch with attendees and keep them informed even at times when they aren’t actively participating in your virtual event (and encourage them to participate!).
On the desktop, notifications arrive to a designated area that gets highlighted whenever there are any unread ones:
The user can then click on the bell icon to open up the Notifications pop-up window and read it:
In your mobile event app, these will arrive as Push Notifications, which is a great way to reach attendees who are not currently active in the browser tab with the virtual event:
Attendify provides you with various options to deliver important information to event participants:
- Pick specific people or a group of people to send a notification to.
- Notify attendees immediately, at a scheduled time, or save drafts to be sent later.
- Send notifications to all attendees at once.
To get started:
- Log into the event management dashboard, enter the tab "Notifications" and click the button "+ Notification".
- In the popover window configure the notification:
- Message: Type in the message you want to send — the character limit for a notification is 145 symbols including spaces.
- Target: Specify the receiver(s) in the section "Attendees".
- Send: Define if you want your message to be delivered immediately, at a particular time, or save it as a draft to be able to edit and send later.
- Don't forget to click the button "Send, "Schedule", or "Save Draft" depending on the sending option you picked.
You are all set! If you want to get back to view all Sent/Drafted/Scheduled notifications, you can always do it through the same menu.
Watch our short video tutorial showing how Notifications are created and configured:
There are also several things to keep in mind when working with notifications:
- Whenever you schedule a notification to be sent at a specific time, make sure to specify the correct time zone.
- There is a slight difference between events paired with the Attendify mobile app and branded mobile apps when it comes to sending a notification to a particular subset of participants. To achieve this goal, in an event paired with the Attendify app, you can create groups and then differentiate users internally by adding them to those groups. Later, you can send notifications to a selected group. With branded apps, on the Event level groups are called "Tags". So if you are a Multi-Event app user, you should enter management dashboard of a particular event inside an event container and send notifications to the existing tags from there as this option isn't available at the container level.
Have further questions about Attendify’s Notifications? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us on any Attendify web page.