NOTE: This app option requires an Apple Developer Account. Learn how to apply for one here.
The multi-event app option allows you to publish a standalone, fully branded app which can house all of your events within the same app container. This adds value to both you, the event organizer, and your attendees, as it only requires one app to be submitted, one app to be downloaded, and your attendees keep one profile for all of your future events. You can read more about these benefits here.
There are three components involved in publishing your multi-event app:
- Build the 'container' for your events (the app).
- Build and publish an event within the container.
- Submit the container to the app stores.
We will cover all three of these components in this guide.
To get started, sign up for a free Attendify account and navigate to the Branded Apps section of the dashboard. Once there, click the "Create App" button.
On the pop-up window, select the Multi-Event app option.
Creating the container for your events
- Fill in the app basics, which includes the title for the main header of the app.
- Customize your app's appearance and choose the variations you prefer in the "Appearance" section
- Drag and drop "Features" (Twitter, About) to create your general menu (they can be renamed and adapted to include any type of content). Your container app menu can be short & simple - it will be accessed before attendees "join" each event and should include overall information relevant to all events, such as "Contacts" or "About Us".
- You can upload content in bulk using our easy templates or add items one-by-one (staff members, partners, etc). Don't worry about finalizing all content - you'll be able to edit it at any time, even once your app is published.
- On the "Settings" tab, add your Apple developer account name and app name (keep it general) as it should be found in the App Store.
- Include your app description that will be visible on the App Store & Google Play - it needs to be at least 2-3 sentences long. Provide a short and simple icon label similar to the app name (e.g.: TechConf) and upload the app icon - it will be seen on user's devices (make sure it's at least 1024x1024 pixels, the edges of the Icon will be rounded off automatically).
- You will also need to add information for your Apple Developer account, you can see more steps on how to do that here.
- Upload optional splash screens that will be shown for a few seconds while your app is loading. All three splash screen sizes will accommodate all types of devices.
- You may also restrict access to the app based on attendee e-mails (this setting is flexible, so you can disable it at any time). You'll be able to upload a list of attendees after the app is submitted. Another option is to keep your app open and limit access to individual events (this can be done on the event level). [screenshot]
- Double-check any missing items on the "Review" step and then stop here. Now we'll go over the next step of creating an event within the container.
Build and Publish your initial Event
- Once you've gotten to the review step of the container build, the next step is to create the first event within the container. Here's how this step looks before your app is submitted:
- Once you've added an event, you'll go through the same process of adding features & content before setting it live. You can upload event-specific branding & set up access restrictions on your Event Card:
- In order to prevent any unexpected rejections from the Apple or Google, it's best to publish your first event within the container before submitting the container (this is why we moved to this step after reaching the Review phase of the container build). So, be sure to click "Publish" on the last step when you want your event to go live. Events will be published instantly - there's no review time - so you can launch them right away! 😁
- As soon as you launch your event, additional management features will be available at the event level, to send push notifications, moderate social content, set up quick polls, access analytics, and much more. 👏
Submit the container
- Once you've published your event, go back to the container level, fill out your billing information on the Submit step and submit your app for build and approval.
- The publication process from this point is roughly 5 - 15 business days. We'll send you a notification as soon as your app is approved and live in the app markets.
- As soon as your app is submitted, you'll see additional features revealed in your dashboard ✨- these will be fully active once your app is live. You can continue adding and editing in-app content while it's in review and after it's published.
Have further questions about Attendify’s Multi-Event App? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us on any Attendify web page.