To be able to send push notifications to the users of your privately distributed app, you need to provide us with APNS certificate. Below is a step-by-step instruction on how to generate and export it:
- Login to Apple developer account and click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- Select App IDs and click Continue
- Specify Bundle ID, Description and click "Continue".
Generate a Certificate from Keychain Access
- Launch the Keychain Access application on your Mac and Select Keychain Access > Certificate Assistant > Request a Certificate From a Certificate Authority.
- Enter your email address and check the "Saved to disk" option, then click "Continue".
- Save the certificate
- Go back to your Apple developer account and click "Identifiers" in the left-hand side menu and select created app
- Select Push Notifications > Configure
- In the pop up window click Create Certificate to generate Development SSL Certificate
- Click Choose file to upload the CSR file from your Mac and click Continue
- Click Download to complete the process and download the certificate
Generate APNS .p12 certificate
- Double click the Development certificate generated in the previous step to add it to Keychain Access. Go to Keychain Access, select login keychain and My Certificate from the side menu. Find app certificate and right click to export it.
- Enter the certificate name and click "Save".
- Enter your computer admin password to finish the process.
Have further questions about exporting a p12 certificate? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us on any Attendify web page.