To be able to send push notifications to the users of your privately distributed app, you need to provide us with APNS certificate. Below is a step-by-step instruction on how to generate and export it:
- Login to Apple developer account and click Certificates > Identifiers > Profiles.
- Select "iOS" in the drop-down menu on the left.
- Click "App IDs" in the left-hand side menu and create a new App ID.
- Specify App name, Bundle ID, select "Push Notifications", and click "Continue" at the bottom.
- Click the button "Register", then "Done" to complete app registration.
- The app will now become available in App IDs
Generate a Certificate from Keychain Access
- Launch the Keychain Access application on your Mac and Select Keychain Access > Certificate Assistant > Request a Certificate From a Certificate Authority.
- Enter your email address and check the "Saved to disk" option, then click "Continue".
- Save the certificate
Generate a Production Certificate
- Go back to the developer account and select the app from App IDs and click "Edit".
- Scroll Down to the "Production SSL certificates" section and click "Create Certificate".
- Click "Continue".
- Choose the certificate file created from Keychain Access in the previous section and click "Continue".
- Download the Development Certificate and click "Done" to finish the process.
Generate APNS .p12 certificate
- Double click the Development certificate generated in the previous step to add it to Keychain Access. Go to Keychain Access, select login keychain and My Certificate from the side menu. Find app certificate and right click to export it.
- Enter the certificate name and click "Save".
- Enter your computer admin password to finish the process.
Have further questions about exporting a p12 certificate? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us on any Attendify web page.